Are you finding it challenging to manage your projects effectively? If yes, you must be looking to switch to an ultimate project management tool that can put you in a better position.
I know that there are hundreds of project management tools in the market, and it’s challenging to choose the one that aligns with the requirements of your business.
I have done thorough research to help you come up with the 13 best tools you can use to manage your projects in the best possible way.
I know you are eager to learn more about these best tools, but before that, let’s have a quick look at what makes a tool fit for Project Management.
What is a Project Management Tool?
As its name suggests, a project management tool is specially designed to assist an individual or teams organize and manage their projects effectively.
Project management tools are not only for project managers; these tools can be customized to fit the needs of teams of different sizes with different goals.
Why do you need a Project Management Tool?
When you don’t use a project management tool, the chances are that you are wasting a lot of time on little things and doing more work than necessary. It’s challenging to keep track of who is working on what. Collaboration among teams is inefficient; as a result, deadlines are missed, and clients become unsatisfied.
Teams must keep everything organized to deliver projects on time, mainly when there are multiple ongoing projects. The project management tool provides an overview of all the projects, helps prioritize tasks, and keeps everyone on the same page.
Best Project Management Tools for Team
Celoxis is an ultimate project management tool. It offers a comprehensive online project management solution for midsize to large businesses to help them plan and manage diverse project portfolios.
It has extensive collaboration features, including a customizable free client portal. Its dashboards and reporting capabilities are superb and one of the best in the market. It is feature-rich, intuitive and highly customizable.
Celoxis is used by leading organizations like Nasa, Rolex, HBO, Deloitte, etc.
- 360-degree real-time insights with super powerful reports and dashboards
- Get real-time information with our fully customizable portfolio dashboards. Easily drill down to the source of problems.
- Share files and discuss and exchange comments with your team and clients via free client portals.
Cloud – starts at $22.50
On Premise – $450 ( billed once )
LiquidPlanner is a project management solution that adapts to change and manages uncertainty to assist teams in planning, performing, and forecasting. To generate realistic and accurate forecasts, multiple simulations are run across your projects.
LiquidPlanner’s deeply integrated time tracking drives real-time schedules, insights and alerts. Always in motion, always a mirroring of reality, and it is continuously monitoring change. It is developed to automate the heavy lifting of projects and be a simple environment for collaborative planning and risk control that empowers everyone.
LiquidPlanner is used by leading organizations like Delta, Abbott, Alaska Airlines, etc.
- It allows all users to set realistic estimates
- It helps teams to set deadlines based on best-case and worst-case scenarios
- Team members get personalized planning views to help them get the right work done.
- Essential – $15
- Professional – $25
- Ultimate – $35
Asana helps you to bring your team to work together in one shared space. Choose the project view that suits your style, and collaborate no matter where you are.
Asana’s work graph data model gives teams everything they need to stay in sync, hit deadlines, and reach their goals. Manage your team’s workload, and see how busy team members are across projects – all in one view. Make sure no one is underworked or overworked, and keep creativity on track.
Asana is used by leading organizations like Deloitte, Vodafone, Spotify, etc.
- Easily spot holes and overlay them in your schedule and quickly make adjustments
- Make projects and teams private to create a safe space for sensitive work
- It allows you to go along with projects and tasks through every stage, to stay on track
- Basic – Free
- Premium – $10.99
- Business – $24.99
Wrike is a versatile tool, from custom dashboards and workflows to team-specific automation to smooth processes. Wrike has all you need to work your way.
Get real-time updates and see potential barriers before they happen. Drill down to individual tasks or zoom out of a holistic view of everything in your portfolio. With Wrike, you’ll always have what you need to deliver more projects faster.
Wrike is used by leading organizations like Siemens, Nickelodeon, Lyft, etc.
- Gantt chart helps to create visual timelines.
- Eliminate silos with unparalleled visibility across the division. Find information swiftly and make decisions in real-time.
- Share files, tasks, and reports instantly. Shorten your feedback process with usal poofing and an automated approval system
- Professional – $9.80
- Business – $24.80
ClickUp’s unique hierarchy helps you create the ideal system that scales with your requirements. Each level of ClickUp gives you more flexibility and authority to organize everything from small teams to enterprise companies.
Ease complex projects by breaking them down into levels of the subtask. Create a checklist within a task to track anything from multi-step workflows to simple to-do lists. ClickUp integrates with over 1000 of your favourite tools. Sync your team calendars, cloud storage, messaging apps, and more to keep all of your tools in one place.
ClickUp is used by leading organizations like Samsung, Belmond, IBM, etc.
- Create spaces to organize work with customized features, tags and workflows
- Edit in real-time with your team, add rich editing and keep everybody up-to-date with a visual knowledge base
- View automatic activity reports run by machine learning to see where your time is being spent easily
- Unlimited – $5
- Business – $12
- Business plus – $19
nTask is a project management tool that allows your teams to collaborate, analyze, plan, and manage everyday tasks.
nTask project management module can help you streamline your project planning, task dependencies, resource management, financial summary and manage your project deliverables. Work together with your team to maintain responsibility and transparency in your projects. Boost team communication and work visibility for successful task performance.
nTask is used by leading organizations like Sony, Walmart, hp, etc.
- Run any process or project to control your wobuttrk on kanban boards
- Stay organized and meet deadlines with task management in grid view, list view, and calendar view
- Set task dependencies with drag and drop features
- Premium – $3
- Business – $8
Proofhub is packed with all the features your team needs to plan, collaborate, organize and deliver projects on time. It helps your teams work together in the easiest, fastest and most innovative way with all the right tools.
Get complete resource and project reports in a single click. Create custom reports with the framework of your choice and visualize the overall project and resource progress to plan ahead. Define custom roles and stay in control of who gets access to what according to your organizational workflow.
Proofhub is used by leading organizations like Netflix, Nike, Tripadvisor, etc.
- Immediately see where your team’s work stands, define each stage to see what’s essential, spot bottlenecks, and take swift actions to stay on the right track.
- Proofhub comes with its own timesheets feature that lets team members record time spent on tasks.
- Add project templates and use them to create similar projects in the future without having to fill in all the details from scratch.
- Essential – $45
- Ultimate Control – $89
Monday.com provides you with the tools to create custom dashboards and track progress, timelines and budget at a glance. Quickly run reports from a high-level overview down to the very last detail.
Use dashboards to easily track repetition and backlogs to see where your team stands against each milestone. Automate the mundane tasks so your teams can concentrate on the work that makes an impact. With all reporting and updates in one place, work better together to push the product forward.
Monday.com is used by leading organizations like Canva, Coca-Cola, Nautica, etc.
- Co-edit in real-time, instantly share comments, and drag and drop your text without disrupting your team members
- Easily visualize important dates and milestones, and set dependencies for your project to make sure everything gets done on time.
- Use a ready-to-use template or create your own so your agile team can get started in a snap.
- Individual – Free
- Basic – $24
- Standard – $30
- Pro – $48
Scoro helps agencies, consultancies and professional services firms streamline projects, simplify quoting, automate billing, and optimize utilization.
Scoro enables you to have all your work in one place and track everything from projects, sales and daily activities to team productivity and profitability. From tiny tasks to big projects, scoro enables you to choose the way you get work done, no matter where you’re located. Empower your team to collaborate efficiently with an entirely end-to-end work management software.
Scoro is used by leading organizations like Grant Thorton, Newton, Zavod, etc.
- Avoid overlaps by distributing tasks with a drag-and-drop planner.
- Minimize manual updates and double-bookings, as changes automatically reflect on your team’s actual capacity
- Forecast future sales using profitability, weighted values, and estimated closing dates to see if you’re on track to meet your goals
- Essential – $28
- Standard – $42
- Pro – $71
Smartsheet offers a rich set of views, reports, workflows and dashboards to capture and track your plans, resources and schedules.
Your projects may be complex, but your project management tools don’t have to be. Merge a rich set of features with flexibility, simplicity, and ease of use to deliver complex projects swiftly while creating meaningful experiences for your customers.
Smartsheet is used by leading organizations like Lego, P&G, Pfizer, etc.
- Swiftly adapt to changing conditions and identify trends with easy-to-use widgets that display live data, charts, and key metrics.
- Underline the key tasks in your project timeline critical path, and see at a glance which tasks are affecting the project’s completion date.
- Get real-time access to smartsheet and seamless view and update data, wherever you are, with your mobile device or tablet.
- Pro – $7
- Business – $25
Hive is an all-in-one project management and collaboration software. Manage your projects in one centralized platform set up for teams of all sizes.
Visualize multiple projects in one clean view with summary and portfolio views equipped with custom fields for the team. Pick priority levels for urgent tasks to help your teams understand how they can contribute to filtering and sorting tasks by priority with a few clicks.
Hive is used by leading organizations like Starbucks, Toyota, EA, etc.
- Track projects, tasks and sub-actions without limits. Allot next steps and add due dates to keep everybody responsible
- Use agile points system and Gantt view to run complete agile processes
- Track your time spent on any activity and project across your workspace, and sort by category
- Hive Solo – Free
- Hive Teams – $12
- Hive Enterprise – Contact the Hive team
Basecamp integrates all the tools teams need to get work done in a single, streamlined bundle. With every single thing in one place, your team will know where things stand, what to do, and where to find things they need.
With basecamp, you split your work into different projects. Each project contains everything associated with the work at hand, all the people involved, every discussion, every document, file, task, important date, etc.
Basecamp is used by leading organizations like Shopify, Quartz, University of Miami, etc.
- Every project comprises a space to share documents, files, and Images. Since everyone on the project has access, people will know exactly where to find everything.
- Real-time group chart. Every project includes its own chat room.
- See progress over time with history snapshots.
- Basecamp Business – $99
Workzone gives you the clarity to manage a large number of projects and get more done with ease. Project dashboards provide you with a 30,000-foot view to instantly see which projects are on track and which are running behind.
With Workzone, you’ll get an intuitive platform. It will help you identify which features you need and hide the rest to keep the interface as easily understood as possible. Speed up project creation with built-in workflows that allow you to manage your project requests and approvals process and quickly create projects from a library of saved templates
Workzone is used by leadingorganizations like Allianz, Vizient, Boston University, etc.
- Instantly see which projects are on track, which ones are falling behind, and what every team member is working on at a glance.
- Built-in tools help you track workload, time, and expenses to stay within budget.
- Collaborate securely in the cloud. Request, share and approve documents online.
- Team – $24
- Professional – $34
- Enterprise – $43
Have you used any of the above Project Management Tools? Or have we missed out the one which you are using? Let us know in the comments section below.